Message from the Principal
Good Day Panther Families,
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year! As many of you know, California’s State Superintendent of Public Instruction and the Governor have both announced that the reopening of our schools for classroom instruction is not an option at this time due to the continuing spread of the COVID-19 virus. It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that the Washington Union High School campus will remain closed until it is deemed safe for all students to return and we will begin the school year with a 100% Distance Learning format. This is a difficult and disappointing decision, and we realize this is not how we envisioned starting the 2020-2021 school year; but it’s the best and most prudent decision for the safety and well-being of our students, staff, and community. Please read the important information below and let us know if you have any questions.
Student Communication and Chromebook Distribution:
Click on the links below to learn about WUHS’s Distance Learning Orientation Week.
First Day of School: Instruction will begin on August 24, 2020.
Schedules: Student class schedules are currently being configured and will be mailed out in the near future along with additional information.
Distance Learning Expectations:
- Students will have four classes during the fall semester and four different classes in the spring semester which will allow for 80 credits per school year.
- Students will attend online classes daily.
- Daily lessons will be delivered through Google Classroom and Google Meets.
- Class Period and daily attendance will be taken.
- Packets will be provided and collected weekly if a student does not have internet access.
- All work given to students will be submitted for a grade.
- Teachers and support personnel will provide on-going feedback on student progress.
Community Resources for Families: If you or someone you know is in need of community resources such as food, housing, or a list of mental health care providers, please visit the Community Resource link on our website at www.washingtonunified.org/community-resources/
Meal Distribution: Beginning on August 18th, all children 18 and younger will be eligible to pick up free meals at the following locations Monday through Friday:
- Washington Union High School from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- West Fresno Elementary School from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- American Union Elementary School from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
We value your feedback. If you have any questions or input about our plans to re-open school, please contact our office at (559) 485-8805.John Sherron
School Closure Information and Resources for Families
WUSD COVID-19 School Closure Updates
Click here for the latest School Closure Updates from the Washington Unified School District.
Aeries Parent Portal
Click here to access the Aeries Parent Portal
Wonderful Agriculture Career Prep Program Application
Click here to go to the Wonderful Ag Career Prep Website
Click here to find community resources for families in Fresno County.
Class of 2024 Pathway Selection
Current 8th Graders can click here to select their WUHS Pathway!
Click here to find social-emotional resources for students and families.
Online Educational Resources
Click here to find online educational lessons and activities for students.
Distance Learning Resources for English Learners
Click here to distance learning resources for English Learners.